User Agreement - Terms of website use (Member)
User Agreement – Terms of website use (Member)
By joining as a member, you are able to manage your personal profile and manage which recruiters you make your profile available to with a view of managing your future career opportunities and aspirations. Your access to our Portal and use of its services (Services) is subject to the following terms and conditions (Terms) which also describe the way in which we will handle and use your personal information https://www.talentis.global/privacy-policy.
WHAT’S IN THESE TERMS?
- Who we are and how to contact us.
- By using our Portal you accept these Terms.
- Your Privacy.
- We may make changes to Our Portal and these Terms.
- We may suspend or withdraw our Portal.
- You must keep your account details safe.
- Ownership and use of material on our Portal.
- Your member profile.
- Upgrading your profile and our subscription services.
- Do not rely on information on our Portal.
- We are not responsible for other websites you link to.
- Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you.
- We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them.
- Prohibited uses.
- Breaking these Terms.
- Which laws apply to these Terms and where you may bring legal proceedings.
- Other general terms.
- WHO WE ARE AND HOW TO CONTACT US
GatedTalent is a portal operated by Ikiru People Ltd (“we”) part of the Dillistone Group Plc. We are registered in England and Wales under company number 2043300 and have our registered office at 12 Cedarwood, Crockford Lane, Chineham Business Park, Basingstoke, RG24 8WD, UK. Our VAT number is 892 212 819. We are a limited company.
To contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- BY USING OUR PORTAL YOU ACCEPT THESE TERMS
By registering with us and using our Portal, you confirm that you accept these Terms and that you agree to comply with them. We recommend that you print a copy of these Terms for future reference.
If you do not agree to these Terms, you must not use our Portal.
- YOUR PRIVACY
We only use any personal data we collect through your use of our Portal in the ways set out in our Privacy Information Notice https://www.talentis.global/privacy-policy. Our Privacy Information Notice sets out the nature of the personal information that we collect and process through our Portal and the Services available through it. By continuing to use our Portal you acknowledge that you have seen and understand our Privacy Information Notice.
We take the security of information in our Portal seriously, and use accepted industry standard technologies to secure our systems. However, please be aware that internet transmissions are never completely private and any message that you send to or through our Portal could conceivably be read or intercepted by others.
- WE MAY MAKE CHANGES TO OUR PORTAL AND THESE TERMS
We may update and change our Portal from time to time to reflect changes to our Services, products, our users’ needs and our business priorities. We may amend these Terms from time to time.
We will notify you of material changes to our Portal, our Services or these Terms. Please check these Terms each time you log in to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time. These Terms were most recently updated on 20th November 2018.
- WE MAY SUSPEND OR WITHDRAW OUR PORTAL
Our Portal is made available to members for personal use only.
We do not guarantee that our Portal, the Services or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our Portal for business and operational reasons.
- YOU MUST KEEP YOUR ACCOUNT DETAILS SAFE
Our Portal is designed to enable you to manage your own personal preferences. To ensure that this can be managed securely, you must keep your user name and password, and any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, confidential, and you must not disclose it to any third party.
We have the right to disable any user name or password if in our reasonable opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these Terms. Disabled account information will be temporarily or permanently removed from the active and searchable parts of our Portal.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user name or password, you must promptly notify us at email@example.com.
- OWNERSHIP AND USE OF MATERIAL ON OUR PORTAL
All intellectual property rights in our Portal, our Service and the material published on our Portal throughout the world belong to us, or our licensors, and all rights are reserved. In particular, our trade mark, and those of third parties used within our Portal are owned by us or our third party licensors, and all rights are reserved. You may not copy or use them without permission. You have no rights to our Portal, other than the right to use it in accordance with these Terms.
Where you are contributing material to your Member profile, you retain all of your ownership rights in the material, but you grant us a licence to use and re-present that material to potential employers and their agents in an anonymised format who are authorised to use our Portal to consider you for future opportunities. Whilst we may present your content in a different format, we will not alter it in any way, and you confirm to us that any information you contribute is factually accurate, and a true representation. Full details and your name and contact details will only be made available to those organisations to whom you have given specific consent.
You may download or print out extracts of any authorised page(s) from our Portal for your personal use as part of looking for new career opportunities. You must not modify any paper or digital copies of any materials that you print-off or download.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our Portal must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our Portal for commercial purposes.
If we have reasonable grounds to suspect you of misusing proprietary material available via our Portal, in breach of these Terms, we may suspend and or terminate your Member profile and/or your user account.
- YOUR MEMBER PROFILE
You acknowledge that we will share your member profile and any content you submit as part of that profile, with those recruiters whom you have authorised us to do so. Details of how you can change your preferences are available on our Portal, and in our Privacy Information Notice.
You may not upload any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, defamatory, obscene, infringing, harassing or racially or ethnically offensive; sexually explicit; or is discriminatory based on race, gender, colour, religious belief, sexual orientation, disability, or is otherwise illegal.
You must not transmit any virus or other malicious code through our Portal.
You acknowledge that the Recruiters you have agreed to be connected with, may download and retain a copy of your Member profile, and that such use will be consistent with the terms of our Privacy Information Notice, or any subsequent notice given by the recruiter. We are not responsible for their use of your personal information.
- UPGRADING YOUR PROFILE AND OUR SUBSCRIPTION SERVICES
It is free for you to create an account on GatedTalent. This will allow our recruiter clients to search against your details and send you messages via GatedTalent. We will not charge you for this service, but we will charge our clients if they choose to contact you via this Portal (subject to any free credits that may have been provided).
If you choose to create a Premium profile and your profile meets the criteria required by our clients, your information will be highlighted in the search results. Our recruiters will typically see all matching profiles, with Premium members amongst the top results. In addition, a recruiter will be able to send you a message at no cost to them. You will also receive access to our Premium member content.
If you choose to upgrade to a Premium profile, then you agree to pay the subscription fees. These fees are listed clearly on our payment page and may change from time to time. You will have the option to subscribe on a monthly or annual basis.
To ensure that you enjoy the benefits of Premium Membership, we will automatically renew your service. In the event that you have a monthly subscription, payment will be taken on the same date of each month (or the earliest day thereafter in the event of shorter months). In the event that you have an annual subscription, payment will be taken each year on the anniversary of your initial subscription. This will continue until such time that you cancel your subscription in your account settings. For annual subscriptions you will be notified 30 days in advance of renewal.
You understand that you will receive the benefits of the Premium Membership from the moment that you subscribe. As a result, you will not be entitled to a “cooling off period” as might be offered in certain territories including the European Union. By signing up for a Premium Membership, you waive your rights to such a period.
If you subscribe to Premium Membership in error, or if you forget to cancel a renewal, you must inform us within 48 hours of payment being taken. If you do this, and you do not access the Premium Member Content in this 48-hour period, then we shall cancel the payment and refund monies taken. After this period, no refund will be provided.
- DO NOT RELY ON INFORMATION ON THIS PORTAL
The content on our Portal is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely, or to guarantee any specific job or career opportunity.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our Portal, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our Portal is accurate, complete or up to date.
Our Portal may include information and materials uploaded by other users. This information and these materials have not been verified or approved by us, and do not represent our views or values. If you wish to complain about information and materials please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR OTHER WEBSITES YOU LINK TO
Our Portal may contain links to other independent websites which are not provided by us. Such independent websites are not under our control, and we are not responsible for and have not checked and approved their content or their privacy policies (if any).
- OUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE SUFFERED BY YOU
- We are responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us. If we fail to comply with these Terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking these Terms or our failing to use reasonable care and skill. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time you accepted these Terms, both we and you knew it might happen.
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- When we are liable for damage to your property. If defective digital content that we have supplied damages a device or digital content belonging to you, we will either repair the damage or pay you compensation. Whilst we take reasonable care to secure your digital content within our Portal, if it is lost or damaged in any way we will restore the data from our last back-up. If you believe that your Member profile has been altered or amended without your permission, please let us know and we will investigate for you and correct the altered or amended content.
- We are not liable for business losses. Our Portal is available for your private use only. If you access or use our Portal for any commercial or business purpose, we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption or loss of business opportunity.
- Please back-up content and data used with Portal. We recommend that you back up any content and data used in connection with our Portal and our Services, to protect yourself in case of problems with our Portal.
- You are responsible for ensuring its suitability for you. Our Portal has not been developed to meet your individual requirements, so please check that the facility and functionality meet your own needs.
- We are not responsible for events outside our control. If provision of our Services or access to our Portal is interrupted or delayed by an event outside our control, we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay, and we will not be liable for delays caused by the event.
- WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR VIRUSES AND YOU MUST NOT INTRODUCE THEM
We do not guarantee that our Portal will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our Portal. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our Portal by knowingly introducing viruses, Trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Portal, the server on which our Portal is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Portal. You must not attack our Portal via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990, and may commit an offence in other legal jurisdictions. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Portal will cease immediately.
- PROHIBITED USES
You may use our Portal only for lawful purposes. You may not use our Portal:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
- BREAKING THESE TERMS
If we consider that you have broken these Terms, we may take such action as we deem appropriate. If what you have done can be put right we will give you a reasonable opportunity to do so.
Failure to comply with these Terms constitutes a material breach of these Terms upon which you are permitted to use our Portal, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our Portal and the removal of your Member profile from the active and searchable parts of our Portal.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you, including for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of these Terms. The actions we may take are not limited to those described above, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
- WHICH LAWS APPLY TO THESE TERMS AND WHERE YOU MAY BRING LEGAL PROCEEDINGS
These Terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in connection with your use of our Portal in the English courts. If you live in Scotland, you can bring legal proceedings in either the Scottish or the English courts. If you live in Northern Ireland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Northern Irish or the English courts.
If you are domiciled in any other country, your consent rights may also be protected by the applicable consumer law in your country of residence.
- OTHER GENERAL TERMS
These Terms do not give rise to any rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any of these Terms.
If a court finds any part of these Terms illegal or unenforceable, the remaining terms will continue to have effect as each of the paragraphs operates separately. We will seek to substitute a reasonable amendment where that is possible to give effect to our mutual intention where a term is found to be illegal or unenforceable.
Even if we delay in enforcing these Terms, we can still enforce these Terms later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these Terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking these Terms, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date.
If you have a concern or dispute with us of the operation of our Portal, please contact us email@example.com and we will try to resolve your issue or concern.
Please note that we offer two LinkedIn Profile Optimisation services, “Fast Track LinkedIn Optimization” and “Linkedin Profile Optimization”. Our Fast Track product contains fewer elements than the full Optimization service. We also offer a Premium Career Package. Please ensure you review the correct Terms and Conditions.
FAST TRACK LINKEDIN OPTIMIZATION – TERMS & CONDITIONS
Upon receipt of payment and agreement, a questionnaire will be sent to you (the client) to complete any relevant background information pertaining to your LinkedIn profile, this is required prior to work commencing on optimisation.
Based on the contents of your questionnaire, GatedTalent will deliver the following information:
- Optimized Tag line
- Optimized Keywords
- 3 Optimized Job Titles (but no description)
- Recommended new Skills and current Skills checked against the LinkedIn Database
- Recommended Specialties (Keywords for the client to include in their profile)
- Recommended Custom URL
GatedTalent will provide this information in an electronic format. It is the responsibility of the Client to update the LinkedIn Profile. Our full profile optimization service includes additional elements, a redraft and an upload service.
LinkedIn Profile Optimisation (Full Profile) – TERMS & CONDITIONS
Upon receipt of payment and agreement, a questionnaire will be sent to you (the client) to complete any relevant background information pertaining to their LinkedIn profile, this is required prior to work commencing on optimisation.
As appropriate the following sections will be completed on the client’s LinkedIn profile
- Photo (supplied by client)
- License for your chosen banner
- Tag line
- Summary (‘About me’)
- Up to 3 employment entries or last 10 years whichever is greater
- Education we don’t usually include
- Volunteer Experience if appropriate (up to 2 entries)
- Languages only if requested
- Accomplishments (Publications, Certifications, Honors and Awards) not on the current template but could add?
- Recommended Groups to join (optional)
GatedTalent will provide a sample to you for a single review session.
You may provide your LinkedIn login details to make the changes to the profile so you do not have to do the work, we, however, strongly recommend that login details are encrypted and the username and password are sent over two different mediums e.g. the username via email and the password via LinkedIn messenger.
Alternatively, Gated Talent will supply profile details via a pdf to be copied and pasted into the profile by you directly. GatedTalent will confirm a time to login and populate the profile and will request that 2-factor authentication is temporarily turned off.
GatedTalent Profile Creation (Onboarding) - TERMS & CONDITIONS
GatedTalent Profile Creation (Onboarding) – TERMS & CONDITIONS
Upon receipt of payment and agreement, a verification email will be sent to the member’s email address. As appropriate the following sections will be completed on the client’s profile:
- GatedTalent will transfer information from a Resume or LinkedIn profile to your new GatedTalent profile.
- Aspirational information not contained in the CV or LinkedIn Profile can also be added on request.
- The CV and/or LinkedIn profile can also be attached on request
- This is a one-time only service
- As part of creating the profile, a temporary password will be created. As soon as the profile has been completed this will password will be removed and an activation email will be required to set a new password https://members.gatedtalent.com/change-password
- Once the profile is complete we will contact you by email.
- We recommend members Go Premium in order to enhance visibility from recruiters.
Members are required to operate in accordance with our user agreement which can be found at https://www.talentis.global/user-agreement/
Executive Career Package - TERMS & CONDITIONS + Additioanl General terms for all services
We offer 2 types of Premium Package;
- Gold Package:
- Add-Ons to Gold Package are available and individually priced:
- Fast Track Optimization – Completion time will be within 10 working days from receipt documents
- Full Linkedin Optimization – Completion time will be within 14 working days from receipt of documents.
- GatedTalent Onboarding – Completion time will be within 5 working days from receipt of documents.
- Premium career packages – Completion time will be within 21 working days from receipt of documents.
Executive professional Resume
LinkedIn Profile Optimization
Gated Talent Premium onboarding
Executive professional Resume
Customizable Cover Letter and Recruiter Cover Letter template
LinkedIn Profile Optimization
Gated Talent Profile
email template to a recruiter.
Upon receipt of payment and agreement, we start by requesting your current resume and send that to our colleague Tim Windof who will discuss with you the strategy and desired outcomes of your resume, bio, and cover letter. Once these areas are complete, we will continue with the remaining professional profiles, LinkedIn & Gated Talent which will be based on your newly built resume.
General Terms and Conditions for all services
By agreeing to these terms & conditions, the client understands and accepts any, and all risks, associated with the supply of personal data, including data loss. In the event of any dispute arising out of or relating to this agreement, or breach thereof, the parties involved shall use their good faith efforts to settle the dispute through a process of mediation. Any disputes are covered by UK law.
Refunds & Cancellations
The LinkedIn Profile Writing Service is non-cancellable and non-refundable. Should a dispute be raised to our member services team, we will review and respond within 48 hours, refunds will at the discretion of the GatedTalent.
Delivery of service
We understand that having your profiles complete for a specific timeline is important, we want to ensure that we give the right amount of attention to detail the service you have purchased to achieve the best results and therefore the below completion times will be applied to each package.
The above timelines can be adjusted at any time, particularly in peak seasons, we may also be able to agree earlier completion times for you, this will be agreed at the time of purchase with one of our colleagues.